Contact Winslow’s factory service department for more information for servicing or repairing your liferaft. We perform routine maintenance or repairs to all Winslow liferafts. Winslow’s has the experience in performing quality service inspections to keep your liferaft maintained with confidence.
A typical inspection procedure includes the following:
- The valise, canister or hard pack is visually inspected for damage.
- The package is opened and the liferaft is removed for inspection.
- The inflation cylinder is removed for inspection and weighing.
- A detailed inspection is performed while unfolding the liferaft to
identify any damage or deterioration of the fabric.
- The liferaft is filled with dry compressed air to its proper inflation
- The pressure relief valves are tested to confirm proper operation.
- The liferaft is further inflated to stretch the fabric prior to
commencing the specified leak test on each tube. During the pre-stretch, the
fabric and seams are inspected.
- The air chambers are then pressure tested for a specified time.
- The pressure is recorded at the beginning of the test and checked again
at the end of the specified time. The end pressure is adjusted for
temperature change. The end pressure is recorded and checked for loss.
- The survival equipment packs are checked during the pressure test
period. Dated items are replaced if they have reached their stamped
- The inflation cylinder is inspected at this time for damage, hydrostatic
test date and is then weighed.
- The liferaft is then reassembled and repacked according to
- The firing cable for the inflation system is attached to the painter
line, making the liferaft fully operational.
- All test results, repairs and renewals are recorded on the service
inspection report. All service documentation is kept on file at Winslow
- A service validation certificate is issued and the liferaft is ready to
be placed back in service. Please reach out to Winslow LifeRaft via
telephone at 941-613-6666 to receive a form to return your liferaft.
When we receive your Winslow liferaft, we will open it, inspect it and
contact you to discuss all service needs prior to recertification.
After servicing is complete, your liferaft will be returned to you via FedEx
For any additional questions, please call the service department at
941-613-6666 or email us at [email protected]